New Combination Lock
Jun 13, 2017
NEW COMBINATION LOCK – There is a new combination lock on the gate to the courts.
The (very) old lock broke about 2 weeks ago (it wouldn’t open!). Many thanks to Wayne Sinclair for getting us a new one and to Gary Gonsalves for welding the new lock to the chain (nice job!)
The new lock has a 4 digit combination (just like the old one) and the code for each month is the same as was previously sent to you. The lock is currently set to the June combination.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR OPENING & CLOSING THE LOCK
NOTE: Ensure that you secure the lock onto the U-Bolt – not onto the gate itself. The U-Bolt has a keyed City lock at the other end. This “2 Lock” system allows tennis members and the City to access the courts using our respective locks.
TO OPEN THE LOCK
- ENTER the current combination of 4 digits on the HIGHER line on the lock
(NOT on the lower line that is in the centre of the lock)
- OPEN the lock by pulling on the shackle
- SCRAMBLE the digits (to conceal the required combination)
TO CLOSE THE LOCK
- ENTER the current combination of 4 digits
- CLOSE the lock
- SCRAMBLE the digits (required to lock the lock)
These instructions are posted at the gate